Pages


Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sorry 'bout that, hon. I didn't mean to kill you.

This is a follow-up to a story I posted HERE about some drunken tweeker that accidently Xed out his old lady with a little friendly fire incident.
More of my comments below.

*****
Calif. man in 'cannon' death says he's 'so sorry'
EL CAJON, Calif. (AP) -- A man charged with murder for firing a cannon-like device that killed his girlfriend said in a jailhouse interview Friday that he wants a time machine to go back and keep from firing it, and he wishes he'd been the one killed instead.

"I'm just so sorry, if I could just go back in time I would've never done it," Richard Dale Fox told NBC San Diego (http://bit.ly/xJLteN ) through tears. "I just wish that the damn thing had hit me instead of her, you know?"

Fox, 39, was drinking with friends in the San Diego County town of Potrero on Tuesday when he set off the device, sending shrapnel into his trailer that killed 38-Jeanette Ogara, who was his girlfriend and the mother of his 4-year-old daughter, prosecutors said.

In addition to murder, Fox was charged Thursday with exploding a destructive device and with child endangerment, because the little girl was also in the trailer. She was not hurt.

He pleaded not guilty to all three charges.

"My concern now is my daughter," Fox said in the interview. "I mean, I know she's OK now, but what am I going to tell her?"
SOURCE
Thanks to Stretch for the link.

*****

What the fuck kind of system do we have where a motherfucker gets drunk, shoots off a cannon, kills his woman, destroys his trailer, admits it and apologizes for it and then pleads NOT GUILTY??? 

Hey, check this shit out: If you're really truly sorry, how 'bout you man the fuck up and plead guilty and accept the consequences of your actions? Even if it was just bad judgement on your part, you deserve to spend the rest of your life in prison - I damned sure don't want your stupid ass driving the same streets as me and my family after what you did to yours.

7 comments:

  1. Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally it is this state of mind that distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter).

    I have no problem with him pleading 'not guilty' to a charge of MURDER, since by all accounts he did not *intend* to shoot the trailer and/or his girlfriend. He should have been charged with manslaughter (unless there are details about the case that have not been revealed) as well as criminal stupidity.

    My guess is they charged high planning on a plea-bargain slam-dunk conviction.

    You'll get no argument from me regarding the other two charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booze + gunpowder = BAD juju!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He may have to plead not guilty in his arrangement to move forward to trial. He would be able to change it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bout...just "STUPID" Mother Fucker...?????

    I mean SERIOUSLY!! God DAMN!!!

    One Ignorant, STUPID SOB. And...He probably Votes too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In many states you cannot plead quilty to a felony at arraignment, it is a mandatory plea of innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sad. Oh yeah honey, me and my buddies got drunk and accidently shot your mom with a cannon while she was watching TV on the couch. Don't worry, we'll get you a new one when I get out of jail.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.