Pages


Saturday, May 18, 2013

Home security for cheap bastards

Our family room is actually an add-on and sits at the back of the house and seeing as I'm half deaf (damn that gunfire) I have a hard time hearing a knock or doorbell so I bought a little motion alarm made by Chamberlain and mounted it on the porch. Damn, that little sucker works great. If anybody walks up on the porch I get a beep from the base unit sitting right next to my Camouflaged Bass Pro Easy Chair.
I think I paid 60 bucks (on sale) for the base and one detector and 20 bucks apiece for the other sensors that are mounted in the back and side yards. Each sensor is gain sensitive and gives a different alarm so I can tell which one is signaling. Each base can handle 4 sensors.
HERE

3 comments:

  1. You’re going to love this system! I put one on my bridge, 300’, from the house a few years ago. Nobody can sneak up on me anymore. The alarm will chime twice and I can hear it anywhere in the house or on the back patio. Some of the best money I ever spent.
    Montanasmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad idea, cause I can't hear worth a damn either...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.